Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Float

Busiest week ever!

I spent every spare minute this whole week building the float. I did get a lot of help so thank you, thank you, thank you, everyone who helped out. There were a few do-overs and some tense moments. Plus, I burned my fingers really badly on a glue gun, which does not make court reporting any easier. All that aside, the end result was amazing.



The judging was on Saturday. We were voted Best Design, not best over-all like I had hoped (we were robbed I tell you) but Best Design is pretty darn good. After the judging there was a luncheon, and after the luncheon there was a football game. It was a really long, really exhausting, but fun day.

After all this, I FINALLY got home pretty late to find a stray kitten in the parking lot of my apartment complex. I had seen her a few times before and I didn't want her to turn feral and get mean or starve so, I spent over an hour trying to get her to come to me. She finally did, but then I was scared she would be sick and might get my cat sick so I was up half the night worried about them both. I took her to the vet in the morning and except for a mild case of ear mites and the fact that she's really scrawny, she's healthy. She is super cute and super cuddly. So, now I have ANOTHER cat and still no dog. It seems like my lot in life. I may actually give the kitten to my mother when I go home at Thanksgiving if she doesn't get along with Phoenix. We'll see. She needs a name though.

I know this post had almost nothing to do with court reporting, but I had to get it all out there. I'll let you know how these poor burned fingers do on the tests. Let's hope I heal fast.

1 comment:

  1. girl you amaze me all the time! now that I have a computer to use (thanks to you...) ill keep reading, so keep posting! Writing helps sort out your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete