Friday, October 2, 2009

Peaks, Valleys, and Plateaus

No. I’m not talking about actual land masses. I’m talking about court reporting progress. Last year I was climbing peaks, I was going up and up when it came to speeds. I went from 100, to 110, to 120, to 130 without much time passing. But, much like the land mass, every peak has a top. Unfortunately, I seemed to have reached the top of that peak. Like in nature, I had to go down the peak to the valley, and I felt like I was slower than I was before. I had to work twice as hard just to get back to where I was. Luckily, I’m pretty sure I forged my way through the valley. However, I seemed to have reached a plateau. I’m consistent, but not improving. How long is the average plateau? It’s frustrating, but hopefully, there’s a new peak to climb in my near future without any valleys ahead of it.

Perhaps I’m being too metaphoric, but this whole process is a journey for me so it only makes sense to think of it in that way.

Here’s too my next peak.

No comments:

Post a Comment