Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Busy Like a Bee

Please forgive me for letting so much time pass. I have been so busy lately that I don't even no which way is up. To catch you all up on what's been going on, I passed a one-minute 140 test. But, before you get too excited, it was a congressional test, so it only had to be at 95%. I was at 96% so I passed, but if it had been any other kind of test I would not have. Small victory I suppose. Now, I just have to get a whole five-minute test and then I'll really have something to talk about. Here's hoping.

The club is busy, busy, busy. Homecoming is just around the corner and I have two roles this year. I am the reigning homecoming queen so I have to judge the floats and attend the new queen events as the reigning title-holder. Plus, I am the club vice president so I have design and be in charge of building an awesome float for the parade. That way, when I vote for it, I don't look too biased. I'm swamped. Our new queen candidate is Monica. She is a theory student and has stepped up to be the next homecoming queen. (Bless her) If she wins, which she will, the court reporting club will have won four years in a row! So far, Monica has already been voted into the homecoming court. (That is the top seven girls out of all the ones that signed up, I believe ther were about 26) I know this whole thing probably sounds silly to most people, but it's really just for fun. On Thursday, there is a mock rally where every girl on the court has a guy "mock" her. This consists of the guy dressing in her clothes and pretending to be her while he is judged and everyone laughs. Aaron (bless him too) has graciously volunteered to mock Monica. It's gonna be hilarious. I'm hoping that as the reigning queen, I can be one of the judges. I'll let you know how we all do.

I'm really hoping I can get everything done. I don't want neglect my speed training, of course, because it's the reason I'm doing all this in the first place. My husband, as I mentioned, works on movies. He just got a job in Michigan so he will be leaving this week to go there for a month. As sad as I am to see him go, (which I really, really am) I'm hoping I can use that time to really focus on getting everything done and passing a full five-minute test. I've been practicing with Lexi and my handy gadget Celena told me about. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Until next time.

2 comments: