Friday, January 22, 2010

Rain, Rain, Go Away

I have not seen it rain this much for the whole six years I've lived in Los Angeles. It's crazy, really. I thought this was a desert.

I have been driving to school 5 days a week now and other than the horrible rainy commute, it's been going well. I've gotten a lot of work done. As I mentioned last week, I've been sitting in what they call a "push" class (it's faster than a goal speed.) I transcribed a 150 wpm 4-voice test and a 160 wpm congressional test, both of which I got over 75% of! That's a big deal to me considering I haven't even passed a 140 wpm test in either of those subjects. On the 150 4-voice, I didn't miss a single speaker! The story is a little different with my "goal" tests. I'm not that close, but I do feel that I'm improving. I think some of it is nerves, but some of it is my lack of skills.

The rain is effecting my performance a little. My fingers get cold and then they don't move as fast as they normally do. I wonder if working reporters run into this problem while on the job. It's frustrating for sure. My brain says, "do it", but my fingers just can't. I wish I could wear gloves, but I think they would just slow me down even more.

I worked so hard this week, I'm feeling lazy right now. Would it be really bad for me to just leave and go watch a movie? I think I'm gonna. Shh, don't tell on me. I'll be right back in the lab working extra hard first thing Monday morning to make up for this lack of enthusiasm today.

No comments:

Post a Comment