Friday, January 15, 2010

Another drop in the bucket

My teacher gave us the analogy of having a bucket in your brain. Every time you practice or show up to class, you put a drop in the bucket. Eventually, as the bucket fills you start to say, "I THINK I can do this". Then, that bucket will fill up and overflow and then the water starts to drip into another bucket in your heart, as that buckets fills, you start to say "I BELIEVE I can do this". After this bucket fills, it over flows into a third bucket in your gut, after that third bucket fills you start to say, "I KNOW I can do this" and that's ultimately where you need to be.

Today, I got up early, drove the 30 miles to school, practiced before class, and then attended class. I'd say that's worth a few drops; wouldn't you? I'm even staying at school after class for a little while to do a little more practicing.

I THINK I can do this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment