Monday, February 1, 2010

Long days

One of my goals this semester was to treat school like a full time job. So far. I'd say I've been pretty good. I'm in the lab practicing everyday, and I do all the homework. So far, no goal speed passes. I'm not quite frustrated yet, but if I don't see results soon, I know I will be. I really hope I pass something fast. It's almost 5:00 pm and I'm still at school. I got here at about 9:30 in the morning; that sure feels like full time hours to me, and I still have a thirty mile drive home (and now it's rush hour). Uggh.

Although I haven't passed anything, I had a nice surprise on a test I never expected to even transcribe. As you know, I've been sitting in push (fast) class on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The class goes from 150 - 170 wpm and I haven't even passed all my 140s yet, so it's quite a push. I usually treat the 170 and 160 tests as practice and never put much faith or effort into them. Well, I took a 170, 4-voice test and, believe it or not, I got 85% of it!!!! That's amazing! I haven't really come that close to a 140 yet, so on a 170, it's truly unbelievable. Maybe the secret is that I wasn't even stressed or worried about it because I never dreamed it would be good or it could have just been an easy test. (it was probably just an easy one, but still, not too shabby!)

Hopefully, all that high speed practice will pay off soon. I'll let you know

No comments:

Post a Comment