Thursday, January 14, 2010

Back in the saddle again

School started up again this week. It's always hard to get back into the routine. Getting up early has never been and easy thing for me. I'm gonna really have to work on it. My cats have been trying to help me get up, but I usually just push them away. I think I need a louder alarm or something. Any suggestions?

This semester the department separated 140 wpm and 150 wpm. What does that mean? Well, on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday the school offers class from 60 wpm all the way to 140 wpm. Then on Tuesday and Thursday, they offer 150 wpm all the way to qualifiers at 200 wpm. The problem for me is that I have now passed a 140 jury charge test but I still have two more 140s to go, but I want to try to pass the 150 jury charge too, which means that in order to get all the tests I need I'm forced to come to school five days a week. I live 30 miles away from campus so I now have to drive an extra 120 miles a week! Apparently, I am the only one in the situation. I'm not sure why no other students are at the same speed as me, but they aren't so I had to go talk to the teachers and work out a deal so that I can be allowed to sit in the extra class without being enrolled in it. I quit working during the week so that I can really focus on school.

I have a new teacher in the 140wpm class and I'm feeling really good about her. She seems like she really wants us to improve. I have a good feeling about this semester and I know I'm really gonna rock. Coming five days a week is going to force me to practice every day and hopefully, I'll reap the benefits of it. I'll keep you all posted on how this new schedule works out. My prediction is: it's either gonna make me so much faster or it's gonna kill me. I'm sure it's one or the other. We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. Jerry has a real problem waking up to. We bought a VERY loud alarm (that does not turn off unless you physically flip a switch) and put it in the bathroom (attached to the bedroom). This forces him to get up and walk enough steps to wake himself up in order to turn the damn thing off. He also has the alarm set on his cell phone and puts it next to the bed as a back up.

    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete