Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Running in place

Am I just running in place? I feel like no matter what I do, I do the same on my tests. I got 96% on my 1-minute 140, 4-voice test. I know that is pretty good but I can't help feeling discouraged. I'm not improving. I have gotten 96% on quite a few 1-minute, 140 tests but I just can't seem to pass them. The mistakes I make are so minor, I know that if it were a real transcript, no one would even notice them. Sometimes I write "this" instead of "that" or "a" instead of "the". It's really annoying. Why do I make mistakes like that? Is it that I just don't hear properly? Or maybe I'm trailing and trying to remember what the teacher says and my brain puts the wrong words in. Whatever it is, I wish I would stop doing it. I want to improve. I really want to. It's hard because when I get frustrated, I don't want to practice because I'm mad at myself, and mad at Lexi, and mad at school. When I do well, I like school better, and I like Lexi, and I want to practice more. Does this happen to anyone else? I've just got to power through it I suppose.

Anyway, big club meeting tomorrow, plus more tests. Wish me luck on both.

1 comment:

  1. Babe, what you're going through is perfectly normal...it happens to everyone in every field. I remember trying to learn Flash and getting so frustrated that I wanted to throw my computer across the room. On those days, set yourself a goal (or a time limit) and tell yourself that you only have to do that much - usually, once you hit that point...you'll keep going.

    ReplyDelete