Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Laboring and Writers

Sorry I haven't added in a few days. I work two jobs so sometimes I get pretty backed up. I have been going to school, of course, but adding to the blog has been hard. On Friday in class, we did jury charge. I had only five mistakes on the one-minute test. Unfortunately, that's not 97.5%; it's 96%. Not bad though. But again, the five-minute was a different story. I guess I need to work on my stamina.

Yesterday was labor day. I worked. I suppose laboring on labor day is not that awful, but it does remind me that hopefully soon I won't have to work on labor day because I'll be a court reporter. I didn't get a chance to practice yesterday, but I am on my machine now so, that's good. Normally, I have class on Mondays so I don't want to go too long without being on this machine.

My writer is noisy when the paper goes through it. Does anyone know how to make it quieter? I write on a Stentura 8000 LX. I bought it on eBay and besides the noisy paper thing, it works great. I named her Lexi (because she's an LX). I would recommend old Lexi to someone looking. The hookups are a little outdated but they sell adapters for things like that, so, no biggy. What machines are you all writing on? Any problems? Any praises? Anybody having the same paper noise I am? I saw a demonstration of Stenograph's new writer, the Diamante. It's pretty freaking cool; it doesn't use paper so I'm sure that sound is gone. Plus, it has all the bells and whistles. Maybe someday, I'll have one. I'd better practice some more if that's gonna happen.

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment