Sunday, September 13, 2009

Club news

This may not be the most interesting blog post, but I'm really excited about it.

I'm very excited about the club this semester. I mentioned that I was the vice president of the court reporting club. My friend, Celena, is the president, Kristal is the secretary, and Anne is the treasurer. Celena managed it get a bunch of stuff donated to the club. It's pretty amazing. She got pizza for the meeting, prizes for students who come, and a free stay at the Sheraton Hotel to raffle off. She even got a free writer for one lucky student to use the whole time they're in school. Anne is getting all squared away with the money and Kristal is going to get t-shirts made for us to sell as a fundraiser. (Any suggestions as to what they should say?) I just made a handout for our first meeting with all of the fun stuff we want to do. We're gonna have two guest speakers! I'm pretty excited about it.

Yes, I know I'm a dork.

Besides the club, I set my machine up right after I got home from school on Friday and I've practiced a few times this even though I worked long shifts every day this weekend. My motivation is improving. Hopefully, my speed will too. I'm hoping I pass at least a one-minute 140 test on Monday. Here's to hoping.

1 comment: