Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Yes, I'm STILL in school

I'm sure all court reporting students hear the same questions and comments: Are you still in school? How much longer until you're done? It seems like you've been there forever.

Well...yes, I have no idea, and you're right, it does seem like that.

It can be very frustrating. People who are not in court reporting school, just don't understand. I never know what to tell people. I wish I were out of school, but it's not like a regular school subject. There's no set time limit. It takes as long as it takes to get fast enough.

I was complaining to my husband about how I get so tired of people asking me why I'm not done yet and he gave me a very insightful response. He told me to explain to people that it's like becoming a virtuoso on a musical instrument. I think that is exactly right. Who puts a time limit on mastering an instrument? It takes as long as it takes and it takes a lot of practice. I would never have thought of it like that; probably, because I am NOT a musical person whatsoever. My husband is a drummer, and he knows what that is like. So, thank you honey. I'm so glad you get it. It's just another sign that I married the right man.

No comments:

Post a Comment